Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Florida 2007

This was a really fun trip!  Again this trip was thanks to my work and Delta!  Every year we usually get 2 free air line tickets to anywhere in the US, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, and Canada.  We chose to use them this year to go see my sister and nephews who live in Melbourne.  We had lots of fun and I know, I know, I know that I'm a white guy with some bad farmers tan!
Some of the things that we did on this trip was the famous Air Boat ride, the city zoo, of course we hit the beach.
We didn't do anything illegal... like feed the Manatee... it just looks like we are, or at least we didn't know it was illegal! hehe
This was also the time of the year that the Sea Turtles would come up on the beach to lay their eggs.  We went out on night to see if we could see any of them.  We were fortunate enough to meet up with a lady who worked for the University, she taught us a lot about turtles.  We happened to find a few turtles and the one that we sat and watched was injured and was unable to dig a whole deep enough because of the injury... She never laid the eggs and eventually made her way back to the Ocean.  I really love turtles because of how graceful they are in the water.

No comments: